What exactly is it? About organization and cleanliness, I mean. When I was little, I was always a mess; no one could get through my room without injuring themselves, the livingroom would be covered with my toys until Dad made me pick them up, and the library (aka my art room) was just a pile of my art supplies, because whenever I would draw something new or get new supplies, I would just dump them on the pile of stuff on that little wooden desk when I was done with whatever it was (or when Dad told me that it had to be out of the livingroom before I went to bed). My schoolwork, even, was a mess! I never cleaned out any of my folders, so there would be papers in the back from the first day of school! Or when we has place mats on elementary school, I would have so much artwork stuffed under them that the place mat would literally be an inch off of the table. I was always a disorganized mess.
So, whatever changed in me, is it normal? I'm organized now beyond belief, I have compartments and folders and drawers for every little thing, even for those things which I don't have yet! I cant stand having a messy floor in my room, and every week I go through my school folders to see what stuff I can take out and recycle. Does everyone go through this change? Is it just a fad that will fade with time? Am I going to go totally nuts in eight months when I get a roommate who may or may not be as clean as I? I know some people will always be a mess, and until just recently I figured I was going to be one of them, yet here I am with my nonfiction in a separate bookcase from my fiction, and my manga organized by genre. Was I always going to end up this way? Or was is a conscious change I made at one point?
Your manga is organized by genre? I thought manga already WAS a genre!
ReplyDeleteYou just took a good look around you and didn't like what you saw and changed it. That's the very basis of repentance, and just let me say how very much I have enjoyed it. You went and grew up, and that's no small thing.