Friday, October 8, 2010

I Like to Think That This is the Twenty Second Century


In approximately one month minus eight days plus however many seconds you care in which the answer is November first, there will be quite a joyous celebration. Joyous and frantic that is. Why? Because November first shall be the first day of NaNoWriMo, also known as National Novel Writing Month. This will be my third year (at least) competing, and perhaps this year I may even get close to finishing what I started!
I've gotten a better start already this year than I have in the past; I have discovered the joys of an outline. Now, let's not mistake ourselves and believe that my outline is at all organized or readable, but the important thing is that it's purple, and so far it fits all on one page. Also it's illegible, but I think that may fall in the "negatives" category.
I haven't actually decided if this story will be prepared enough to be my official nanowrimo novel, but here's hoping. If not, of course, I'll have plenty of back ups, but I feel good about this. This may, for once in my life, go somewhere. Wish me luck.
I'm organizing everything into my EarthAngel Nathaniel blog, so check there to see what's happening with that, and where it's going. I promise nothing, as always, for I am less than reliable in anything pertaining to deadlines, or even finishing anything. But there's hope. There's always hope.

Oh, and the twenty first century is gone. We're in the twenty second century now. How else can you explain how amazing photoshop is?

1 comment:

  1. If the 21st century is gone, I am REALLY old. I knew I felt like it some days, but now I have proof. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete