... ... ...
Okay so answers.com says that summer started on the 21st of June but then it went into this complicated explanation about how not ever season starts on the 21st blah blah blah and I stopped reading so who really knows? The point is that summer (probably) started and I completely missed it! My life has been so over booked over the last two (or is it three now?) weeks that I cant remember when anything happens and I'm sure there's so much that I've missed.
But man, I LOVE summer! Or at least I love the idea of it. There are certain memories that pop into my head when I think of summer and going by those alone I would say summer is my favorite season ever...
There's a few memories that I have from when I was in probably preschool (or maybe kindergarten) and being baby sat by the wonderful Mrs. Sullivan. One is of riding to a park in her large minivan with her two daughters, Maggie and Kate. We ate lunchables and climbed on the equipment and ran through the tall grass for hours that day. That is the epitome of summer; that is what every summer day should consist of. The second old memory that goes along with my time with Maggie and Kate was a certain day when we visited a friend of theirs out in the country. I don't know who these people were or why we were visiting them (there's a good chance I didn't know at the time, either), but it was a beautiful summer day and we pulled up to a large white house in the middle of a field of wildflowers that seemed to go on forever. That memory has by now become a memory of a memory but I remember that field of wild flowers; that is what summer is about. Wildflowers on a sunny day.
In fact I love summer wild flowers. They're beautiful and magnificent and simply have a will to live. There was a small field down the street from my grandpa's house that was overflowing with them and I loved to go over and smell them, pick them, walk through them or even simply sit there and look at them, take in their beauty. I would live a complete and happy life if I could only go to a field of wildflowers every week and pick some for my living room table.
I've got a birthday coming up (because it is summer, of course), and I'm considering after going out to dinner with my family, insisting that we visit a park. One with plenty of wildflowers to run in.
Oh boy! Presents in the park! None of them are meltable, so that could work.
ReplyDelete