Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Nobody Dumps THIS

One of my very dear friends Chrissy got dumped by her boyfriend over Christmas Break.
He said things just werent really working out so they might as well just cut it off. Okay, that's a good breakup line: no one is blaming anyone and no one is yelling. The problem was that not only was he yelling, he wasn't talking either. He was texting.
This, my friends, is a social outrage. Breakups through texts just aren't done. There are songs written about how horrible an idea this is. I told my dad this story, and I happened to mention that it had only been a couple of weeks that they had been going out (actually I think it was about a month) and his response, to my complete horror, was that since it was only a few weeks that a text breakup wasn't that bad. I mean I know it wasn't that long that they were actually dating, but I remember all that time that she had spent talking about him before they went out (she only ever referred to him as Somebody), and how much she had liked him, and to break up through a text is rude, selfish, brattish, and has turned a number of girls against him. No one wants to go out with a breakup texter. Really.
Today at lunch, Chrissy had been turned once again onto the subject of her ex, and after ranting for a while, as is her style, she motioned up and down her torso a couple of times and exclaimed, "Nobody dumps THIS!" I believe there might have been a bit of thrusting involved in this action as well, as the boys at our table gave her all kinds of crazy looks. All the girls at our table started laughing, and the random people going by might have stared at us a little (but then, they always do). Take that Jeff. Nobody dumps this. You just went from Somebody to Nobody.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you've said, and for the record, I promise never to go out with this guy myself. My sympathies to Chrissy.

    ReplyDelete