Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Irks

So here's something that irks me; abnormally sized books.
I work in a library. I spend seven hours a day reshelving books. I love doing it; it's the perfect job for a college student with a dream of being a librarian and slight OCD tendencies. The problem is that last part - I love organized books. I straighten the stacks as I shelve. I make sure that the books look nice on the shelf.
But then we get to the abominable abnormally sized books. Specifically the ones that are longer than they are tall. I hate them. They don't need to be that long. No book that short needs to be that long. Stop publishing those books. No one wants them. If they want to be that long, they should be taller, so that they just look like someone used an engorgement charm. Trust me. When we put those unexpectedly abnormally sized books on our shelves, they become a danger to all the other books around them. Why? People try to push in those books. They look like they're about to fall off the shelf because they're sticking out so far. Then the books on the other side of the shelf fall off, because they've been pushed off by those incorrigible abnormally sized books. It's horrible! It's a disgrace! Despicable!

I vote for a book sale. An abnormally sized book sale of all the abnormally sized books in this library. Right the wrongs of the abnormally sized!

No comments:

Post a Comment