Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Nine o' Clock Coffee

Every single class at Ohio State is offered at 10:30 in the morning. All of them. Sure, most of them are offered at other times too, but if you're lazy or forgetful like me, what you'll notice is that ten thirty seems to be the last slot open for everything, which is especially odd, since it does seem as though that is the prime class-taking time. It frustrates me so that the ONE class that I have to take for my major this quarter is offered at, what a shock, ten thirty. Distressing.
On another note, I love the word distressing. Also, the word ridiculous. Those are two great words. I think I started using distressing to replace depressing, which is odd because they're not the same meaning.
In other news (which is different from "on another note" because news references television, while notes reference music), Christmas is coming, guys! Tomorrow is December. December may be my favorite month of the year, fo' realz. Anyone who hasn't already needs to go start streaming the Radio U Christmas Channel (radiou.com, you'll find it). It makes for such a cheery morning, being able to get up and turn it on on my brand new tiny laptop with amazing battery and just carry it around from room to room. I did all of my dishes this morning. Actually, let me tell you about these supposed dishes. See, I planned on getting to work at 10:15. So I was going to leave home at 9:30, because I always assume it takes me forty five minutes to get to work. I think this may, in fact, be a vicious, vicious lie. Why, you ask? It was 9:30 when I finally made it downstairs this morning. Then I decided that I needed to do all of my dishes from the last two or three days. It was only after that that I thought to make my (mom) coffee and cream cheese my cinnamon bread. Then I had to wait for my coffee to cool down. I feel sure that this must have taken about fifteen minutes at least. Then I still needed to drink my coffee. I did all this, stood for a while at the bus stop, and got to work. Know what time it was when I was entering the Library? 10:10. WHUT. This is crazies. Ridiculous. Distressing. How, I ask how, does this happen? Did I just add an extra hour between nine and ten this morning? I feel like a member of the new midnighters, but we'll have to name ourselves the nineoclockers. That doesn't sound as cool. It just doesn't.

1 comment:

  1. A diller a dollar a nine o'clock scholar...
    Almost Christmas!

    ReplyDelete