I really want to change my blog style again to match fall - this is why I kept the same blog background for so long, because I knew once I started changing it I would never be satisfied again.
At Christmas I'm definitely changing it to fit the mood.
The computer I'm typing on right now has an extremely outdated version of ie and nothing else, so none of the posting styles here are really... available to me. I'll have to wait until I get to my own computer if I ever want to do anything fancy...
Aaaaanyway - enough of those ellipses! On to the main course of action! Fall!
It's started this morning, I call it. I'm sure there's probably some warm days left (or maybe a lot, I don't care) but after the first day that I wake up and feel cold wearing a hoodie (an exceptionally warm hoodie) to work, I say fall has begun. The air was crisp this morning and the bus was beautifully warm on the inside. This week they started selling pumpkin lattes in the cafe downstairs of where I work, which definitely sounds like a fall kind of drink. Like a college fall kind of drink. (italics and parentheses are my thing today, apparently). Really, apple cider is always my fall drink (thanks for the mixes, Mom!), but for all those cool, cool college elites, it seems that pumpkin spice lattes are the way to go. It's odd to think that even how seasons are welcomed changes as we get older; fall still means the beginning of school to me, but it also means a search for textbooks and learning how to get around campus to classes. It still means cooler temperatures but it also means that I actually have to pay attention to the temperatures beforehand, instead of having my mom throw coats and hoodies at me as I walk out the door (I swear this text window I'm writing in keeps getting smaller). It means Halloween is coming soon (approximately), and hopefully some bonfires (given the landlord relents), and colorful changing leaves, and the most adorable cat in the world trying to adopt our house as a cozy place to sleep (sorry Batcat!), and walking into a warm house after work warming up with some good apple cider and a movie with my housemates - fall is a wonderful thing.
This is a horribly boring post, but simply writing it had brightened my spirits. Now I'm going to go brew some potions on Pottermore - go Ravenclaw!
Not boring! I love fall too--it's my favorite.
ReplyDelete