Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Senior Year

First day of school; does it really decide the rest of the year?

First period was AP Calculus which, thankfully, I have with Alyssa. She sits in the front right corner, and I sit one to her left. I'm glad I have it with Alyssa, especially after not having math with anyone close to me last year. Mr. Huler seems like a nice guy, no matter what people say about him (he's dyslexic!). We took the first-day test that everyone has been getting told about since Algebra 2, and it was easy! I was the first one done, of course. I always am. In the rebric, it states that Mr. Huler requires us to come in on two days when we don't have school! How cool is that?
Second period was study hall with Mr. Payne. Maybe this is just me, but I don't really like Mr. Payne. His only job is as a study hall teacher, and he takes it way too seriously. He already had a seating chart arranged for us when we came in, and I sat, of course, in the middle of a bunch of over-talkative students that don't want to be in school. I had the class with Caitlyn, Ben, Joe, and Kaila, but I wasn't allowed to sit near any of them! I'm switching out of his class and into Mrs. Kiko's room during her Drawing 2 class starting tomorrow. Seriously looking forward to it.
Third period is Psychology with Miss Motts (excuse me, I mean Miss Mats). I love the class, I love the teacher (she reminds me of the computer geek from Warehouse 13). I cant wait to learn all that there is to learn, and she says that if we want she can tudor us starting 2nd semester to take the AP Psychology test! How awesome is that? The only real problem with this class is the people in it... Not only is there Luis (the freak from my Spanish 2 class), but I ended up sitting at a set of tables with Stephanie, who, I know from experience, will never. Shut. Up. I just hope that Miss Mats never thinks that I'm the one talking.
Fourth period is my lunch period again. Today I sat at a table with Alyssa, Caitlyn, Chrissie, and Sammy. It's an absolutely wonderful beautiful combination of friends, and I couldn't ask for more. I just hope to high heaven that none of them move tables.
Fifth period is painting 2, the most heavenly class of the year. Mrs. Kiko (I'm gonna call her mrs from now on because she really did get married!) knows all of us, we all know each other, and it just seems like such a perfect combination of people in this class! Our first assignment is to bring in our iPod (or mp3 player) and create a piece based on 30 seconds of a song. Unbelievably incredible, that's what this class is. Plus, Dareen will soon join us too, and everyone knows that no class is complete without Dareen!
Sixth period is AP Lit. Not really sure how I feel about this class. So far I don't really like it because, although I love Chrissy, Emily sits to my left and I just know that this will lead in bad directions. Plus, the rest of the class is the closest that Westerville Central comes to those bubbly airheads we all hear about. Also, in the back sits a certain Jacob Coate who always seems just a little too full of himself. Mrs. Cargin seems nice enough, but I can never seem to quite understand what she's trying to say, like today when we were supposed to e having a discussion and I wasn't sure what on. We'll see what direction this moves in.
Seventh period is Honors Physics with Mr. Hunt. Originally I was a little upset that I didn't get Mr. Alexander, but Mr. Hunt is actually pretty cool. He grew up as a missionary kid in Nigeria, and he seems like one of those guys that never quite grew up. We didn't actually do anything with physics today, instead we all wrote out a list of seven items and why they describe us. No one I'm good friends with is in the class, but I'm hoping to score a seat in the middle where I can ignore everyone else and just pay attention to schoolwork.
Eighth period was a study hall, and I went in to get my study hall teacher sign my sheet for early release. While she was doing so, she mentioned that I should just leave afterward, there's no reason for me to stay. So I went downstair to turn in the sheets at the office (with around 20 other people doing the same thing), and the lady working the office was obviously in a mood, because when the girl in front of me handed her the paper and asked if she could just leave, the woman said "No, why would you think that?" in a who do you think you are kind of voice. Seriously? I think I'm the girl about to hand you her early release papers so I can freaking leave. Thankfully, the tall guy in front of me happened to mention that his study hall teacher had just told him to leave after he turned in his papers, so the lady responded "well, if your teacher told you you can, then you can leave." These people have had too long a day. You can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment